Become Miss Wayne County 2012
You have ideas and plans and goals - so much to offer the world - but how? Each year young women just like you choose to compete in the Miss America system. The road to the Miss Michigan competition in Muskegon and the Miss America competition in Las Vegas begins in Wayne County!
To become Miss America, a contestant must first win a local competition and then compete to represent her state, a process requiring personal commitment, hard work and talent. A woman may compete at the state level more than once, but may only compete in the national Miss America competition one time.
Eligibility for Competition
Please feel free to contact us if you have any eligibility or application questions. We're here to help!
To compete in the 2012 pageant, you must:
- Be an American citizen.
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24, not turning 25 before December 31, 2013.
- Be at least 17-years-old and entering your senior year of high school in the fall of 2012.
- Have always been a female, who has never been married or pregnant.
- Live or work full-time in Wayne County for at least six months or attend school full-time in Wayne County.
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements.
- Have a talent that can be peformed on stage in 90 seconds or less.
- Satisfy the minimum $100 Children's Miracle Network (CMN) required donation.
How to Apply
Deadline has passed! Please come back next year to apply for our 2013 program.
Register at www.missamericaforkids.org in order to raise the required CMN donation (due by dress rehearsal). Before creating your page, please read the Local Contestant Registration Instructions. We also have a CMNH FAQ page available.
What Happens Next?
Visit the Paperwork page and start working on your paperwork - it's due at orientation!