1 cup self rising flour (replaces the use of salt)
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2t. of vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoon of applesauce (replaces the use of vegetable oil)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1) Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
2) Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
3) Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.
1) To mash the bananas, slice the up, put in a zip lock bag, zip and mash.
2) Additional toppings: add sliced almonds to the top after they have been baked.
3) For additional flavor, add toasted pecans added to the batter.
4) Jazz up your cakes by adding strawberry syrup.
Fox 2 Detroit